Powered by LiveJournal.com
You are viewing the most recent 25 entries.
30th November 2015
- Sun, 12:15: RT @matthew_d_green: Who needs encryption backdoors when we have proprietary encryption.
- Sun, 12:44: RT @kaepora: Cryptocat rewrite is native desktop client, no web, no mobile. Uses Axolotl, has buddy lists. Goal: kill Pidgin. https://t.co…
- Sun, 13:01: RT @emptywheel: In any case, now that we're pretending NSA isn't spying on Americans anymore, can we focus on FBI's far more dangerous spyi…
- Sun, 13:07: RT @NAACPmpls: The community loving on one another during worship #Justice4Jamar https://t.co/Y9XhD0L4ci
- Mon, 09:39: RT @BlackLivesMpls: @BlackLivesMpls: Plz head down 2 #4thPrecinctShutDown we need food 2 help w/ snow, cars 2 warm ppl up, & bodies 3 hold …
- Mon, 10:54: 15 hours now, looks like. https://t.co/AdbLpH6Vty
28th November 2015
- Sat, 00:25: Do Quakers even tweet? Can I tweet and still be a Quaker? I'm seriously asking here.
23rd November 2015
Two things make a post
1) For all my leisure nonfiction needs lately I've been resorting to Habermas and Hobsbawm. This has been going on for months now, and I just finally twigged to what's so annoying about the two of them in combo: as white men raised a long time ago, they are relentlessly, guiltlessly-because-obliviously racist and sexist. It's subtle, but IT'S ALWAYS THERE. And it's part of my white privilege that I've been able to read that much of those books without wanting to throw them at a wall. :
I need to find more magnificent sociological theorizing and modern history written by anyone who isn't an old white man. I'm sure it's out there, and that I haven't already gone looking for it reflects poorly on my ambitions as an amateur scholar.
2) @FeministaJones on twitter posted Paul Rosenberg's explanation, published on Salon.com, of the Ben Carson phenomenon, including links to the National Prayer Breakfast incident and the WSJ's immediate nomination of Carson for POTUS. While I'm a member of a generational subculture who have been ridiculing Donald Trump since I was a teenager, the Ben Carson phenomenon took me by surprise and I still barely understand it. http://www.salon.com/2015/11/16/this_is_why_ben_carson_lies_the_dark_disturbing_reality_of_race_religion_and_todays_right_wing/
20th November 2015
- Thu, 15:13: RT @JohnFugelsang: Remember when people warned that invading Iraq would create more terrorism? Those people were called unpatriotic. https:…
- Thu, 21:57: RT @HeerJeet: GOP has party elders who know how dangerous this Islamphobic turn is -- Powell, Rice, Baker, Scowcroft, Kissinger. Yet they a…
- Thu, 22:00: RT @DMillerMpls: Watching #Justice4Jamar on @livestream: https://t.co/c8xo0XDnao
- Thu, 22:23: RT @sigridellis: Rep @BettyMcCollum04 on HR 4038: https://t.co/ZuZqZZvrTt
- Thu, 22:23: RT @DLin71: What we know about Paris terrorists -Not Syrian -Not refugees -No encryption What the US is focusing on -Syrians -Refugees -En…
- Thu, 22:40: And I have to follow these distinctions in my day job. https://t.co/k92VUECtZI
- Thu, 22:47: I've been trying to avoid this stuff. At least I get it from twitter these days and not raw off the teevee. https://t.co/jPORXKngJN
23rd October 2015
- Thu, 21:20: Two theories I have a bone to pick with: the old Whig principle of comparative advantage and the Ricardian/Marxist labor theory of value. 1
- Thu, 21:21: I cannot yet refute either, yet I am deeply suspicious of both. 2
- Thu, 21:57: Royal House of Saud, you just enjoy pissing people off because you can, is that what you're doing? https://t.co/zNeaGvs3my
- Thu, 22:24: RT @ariannahuff: Given the House committee’s concern for security lapses and bad decisions in the MidEast, wait till someone tells them abo…
- Fri, 09:02: Got my flu shot.
- Fri, 10:55: Take a look at how using open source textbooks has saved students more than $1.5 million. https://t.co/FKSltEKaol
19th October 2015
- Mon, 00:21: RT @dalecarrico: If cars are so "intelligent" now and programmed to "avoid dangers" why aren't they committing mass-suicide before they des…
- Mon, 00:32: RT @DerrickClifton: Anti-black state/police violence affects all black lives, incl. those that are men. But I see no MRAs acting on that. I…
- Mon, 00:35: .@TTTTheater The staging and acting of the robbery by Falstaff and gang was awesome. Hotspur was blood-chilling. Just the best theater.
- Mon, 01:00: This map. School districts are an entirely independent type of local government in most USA states. Bug or feature? https://t.co/0q1ylXYLYf